Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
Customer stories are at the heart of MNGR.Pro and are the key to building your companies reputation and winning you more business: they help boost your SEO and increase your conversion rates!
Stories are made up of two parts:
1. A review.
2. A photo or album of the product you sold or service you provided, whenever possible.
It’s easy to create compelling customer stories in MNGR.Pro, or even better have your customers create them for you.
A Story can begin in two ways:
1. You upload a photo of your work that you have completed.
From here you are able to add a comment about the photo, tag it with the services that were provided, add a location and share it with the customer as part of a review invite. When the review comes back it will be attached to the photo for you to share to your website or social media.
2. A customer leaves you a review
From here you are able to add a photo (or multiple photos), tags and a location to an existing review to make a more powerful story.
Here’s a quick video to show you how to connect you Google My Business Page to get reviews on Google:
1. Navigate to Settings > Product Settings > Review Sites and click ‘Connect’ next to the Google connection.
2. After clicking connect you will be prompted to login to your google account (choose the one connected to your Google My Business page) and will be prompted to select which business page to connect to.
3. You will then be redirected back to MNGR.Pro where a thinking icon will show next to your Google connection.
4. It may take up to 5 minutes to connect but don’t worry, you can continue to use MNGR.Pro while this works its magic in the background!
Note: Google will ask you if you give MNGR.Pro read, write, edit and delete permissions. You will need to provide us with this access in order to connect to Google and for us to pull over your reviews and post stories to your GMB.
We totally understand that this seems like a scary thing to do! This is the agreement that Google will ask you to make for any company that you would give access to any part of your GMB. We promise you that we will not delete anything from your listing and we are only looking to view your reviews and to post on your behalf with your permission.
Connect to your favourite review sites through MNGR.Pro to give your customers a choice of platforms to leave a review on.
1. Navigate to Settings > Product Settings > Connections > Review Sites (https://app.mngr.pro/settings/company/channels)
2. Click Connect next to the review sites you want to collect reviews on and follow the on screen instructions.
Adding your past customers to MNGR.Pro is a great way to collect reviews to help build your online reputation! Customers who provide repeat business and your other recent clients are the best place to start.
This quick video will show you how to get that uploaded:
To bulk upload your chosen contact or customer list, go to the People Page in MNGR.Pro.
From there you can click on ‘import contacts which allows you to upload a spreadsheet in CSV format.
What information should be included on the spreadsheet?
The spreadsheet should preferably contain at least the customer name, email and mobile phone number. These are the essential pieces of information that will help you get the most out of the MNGR.Pro platform!
The first row (aka the header) should contain titles for these columns, , as shown below:
What other customer information can be saved in MNRG.Pro?
The following are the optional columns for customer information that can be added into MNGR.Pro:
- Phone (or) mobile phone (or) mobile number
- Address (or) street
- Zip (or) postalcode
How do I save my spreadsheet in CSV format?
Many of our customers have their customer list saved using Excel or Google Sheets. To ensure the spreadsheet is in CSV format, save the spreadsheet using “Download As” or “Export To”. After, you can confirm by checking that the file has “.csv” at the end of the file name.
Can you help me upload my contact list?
If you’ve gone through these instructions and are still having issues, you can email us a .csv or excel spreadsheet at email@example.com and we’ll add them for you.
Learn how to easily send review invites through MNGR.Pro:
1. On the Stories tab click the ‘Get a Review Button’ and ‘add a new contact’
2. Fill in your customers contact details and add a photo to increase your chance of them leaving you a review!
3. Click ‘Add and Invite’ and you are good to go! Your customer will receive a text message immediately asking them to leave you a review followed by up to three follow up emails over the next 14 days.
Connect to social media sites to share your stories to your wider network and get more leads and sales!
Step by Step Instructions:
1. Navigate to Settings > Product Settings > Connections > Social Media (https://app.mngr.pro/settings/product/social)
2. Click Connect next to the platform you want to share stories on and follow the on screen instructions.
There’s two ways you can then share your stories to these social media sites:
1. Use our automation feature to share your stories automatically to social media
Once connected to the social media click ‘manage’ next to the relevant platform and toggle on ‘auto-sharing’. Here you can also set a minimum star rating for reviews you would like to be posted!
2. Selectively share your stories through the stories page
This option enables you to more selectively select which stories to post and allows you to edit the text that posts along with it! On the stories page click the three connected dots icon underneath the review you would like to post, select which social media sites you would like to post it on and edit the text if desired.
We have made it super easy for you to automatically publish your reviews and photos straight to your website through our Stories Widget. Watch this quick video to learn more:
Why do this?
1. Search engines love it! 2. It drives conversions from visitors to your website.
How to do it
First install our stories widget to your website (see how here). There are then two options to post your stories to the widget.
1. Automatically send all reviews over a certain star rating to your website. First navigate to review settings and toggle on the auto-publishing button. You can also set the minimum star rating filter here.
2. Selectively publish certain reviews and photos in the stories page. Click publish in the drop down menu (three dots) under the review you would like to publish to your website.
What you’ll need
• Access to your web pages HTML and basic knowledge of how to edit HTML.
• If you’re using WordPress, the ability to add and activate a new plugin.
Adding a widget using HTML
1. Go to Settings > Product Settings > Widgets. Select the widget you’d like to add, and copy the code provided.
2. Edit the HTML of the web page were you’d like to add the widget and paste the code provided into your web page where you’d like the widget to be located.
If someone else manages your website, just copy the widget code and send it to them.
Most widgets can be simply added wherever you’d like them to occur. A few, like the Collect Reviews widget also need some Java Script added before the actual widget link.
This can be placed anywhere in the HTML as long as it’s before the widget link. Ideally, you want to place this at the bottom of the section of your website.
You can now automatically share photos directly to your Google My Business page from MNGR.Pro. This means more potential customers will see your photos of your great work, higher search engine rankings, and more sales.
How it works:
1. Connect your Google account in your social media settings here
2. Use our automation feature to share your stories automatically to social media
Once connected to the social media click ‘manage’ next to Google and toggle on ‘auto-sharing’.
3. Alternatively, selectively share your stories through the stories page
This option enables you to more selectively choose which photos to post On the stories page click the three connected dots icon underneath the photo story you would like to post, select Google and other social media sites and share away!
To comply with Google’s standards the photo should be in focus and well lit, and have no significant alterations or excessive use of filters. In other words, the image should represent reality. Images with text or other graphics cannot be shared to Google My Business
Your photos look best on Google if they meet the following standards:
Format: JPG or PNG.
Size: Between 10 KB and 5 MB.
Recommended resolution: 720 px tall, 720 px wide.
Minimum resolution: 250 px tall, 250 px wide.
The stories widget makes it easy to show off your reviews and photos on your website.
- Go to https://app.mngr.pro/settings/product/widgets/stories
- Select the Stories widget
- Copy the code provided and paste it into your website where you’d like to insert your customer stories
Great ways to use the Stories widget on your website
You can display the Stories widget in several different ways on your website.
Create a reviews page
- Create a new page on your website called Reviews
- Add your page title, header, footer, and navigation
- Select the Style: Grid option for the stories widget
- Select the Show: Reviews options to show all your stories that include a review.
Create a portfolio page
- Create a new page on your website called Portfolio
- Add your page title, header, footer, and navigation
- Select the Style: Grid option for the stories widget
- Select the Show: All Photos option to show all your stories with photos
Here’s how those options look like on the Story widgets page:
- Better Business Bureau
- Yellow Pages
Allow MNGR.Pro to optimize the order the review sites show based on what is best for your customer, potentially winning you more reviews as a result.
Optimize helps remove roadblocks that can prevent a customer from leaving a review. For example, if they’re not signed into Facebook, its much harder for a customer to leave a review. So in these cases, with Optimize on, MNGR.Pro may suggest another review channel that is easier for the customer.
Optimize also ensures that repeat customers leave invites on different review channels. If a customer leaves a second review on Google, you don’t actually get a second review. The first review that customer left is just replaced. With Optimize, we’ll make sure each time a customer leaves a new review, it’s left on a different review channel.
And Optimize helps you get reviews where they matter the most. We can analyze your current reviews, and other factors that may make a specific review channel more important. In those cases we’ll prioritize the channel that’s going to get you the most results.
How to enable optimization
Simply head to your review site settings here and toggle on the ‘Optimize’ slider.
Prefer to do it yourself?
No problem! You can simply drag your review sites into the order you prefer!
You may have seen the latest notification feature in your dashboard. At the top of a review or story, a little box pops up asking “Is this… “
If a customer uses a different name for their Google or Facebook account to the one you used in NiceJob to send them review request, NiceJob works to link the two together, but sometimes we need a little help to help make sure we’re matching the right customer to the right review.
If we’re having trouble matching the names, you’ll see a notification above the story in the dashboard, asking you to confirm whether a review matches a customer in your campaign.
For example, you might fill out the name Kimberly for a customer, but if she is logged into Facebook or Google as Kim, the system will register the review under Kim. In this case, you’ll most likely receive a notification to confirm that this is the same person.
This is so that the system knows when a customer has sent a review, and we stop the message sequence so that they won’t be reminded again.
Why can’t my customers leave a review on Yelp?
Because of Yelps strict terms and conditions, MNGR.Pro isn’t allowed to ask your customers to leave a review on the Yelp platform the same way we can with other review platforms such as Google and Facebook. To do so would risk your reviews being removed from Yelp. Here is a link to the specific Yelp policy for you information: https://www.yelp-support.com/article/Don-t-Ask-for-Reviews?l=en_US
Why aren’t all my Yelp reviews showing up in MNGR.Pro?
Another feature that Yelp prohibits is the automatic downloading of your previous reviews on the Yelp platform. Yelp only allows limited 3rd party access to their reviews. As a result, not all Yelp reviews may show up in your MNGR.Pro account.
We we will gradually pull your reviews to the MNGR.Pro platform over time, or as quickly as Yelp allows us to!
MNGR.Pro is usually able to obtain the majority of your Yelp reviews. But as we adhere to their terms of service, the final reviews permitted to be shown in MNGR.Pro is at the discretion of Yelp.
MNGR.Pro does not allow sending out bulk review invites, this protects your hard-earned reviews!
We are very careful in meeting 3rd party review sites’ terms of service to ensure your reputation is built up and maintained. The last thing we want is for a happy customer’s review to be removed!
Google’s terms of service does not allow bulk sending and may reject reviews come from bulk sending systems. Even though it could save you time, it is seen as mass solicitation and can jeopardize your reviews. Here’s the link to the relevant Google Term of Service.
The best strategy is to upload your contacts (see linked help article), then invite a few each day. Doing it manually is still a “one click” process, as shown below.
You simply find the contact you want to request a review from and click the “Invite” button!
How do I add a tag?
When your creating a story, or editing one, simply click on the tags field above the photo to add a tag.
What kind of tags should I add?
Usually the best practice is to add a tag for each service you offer. So if a particular story is for more than one service, add a tag for each service performed.
How do tags help?
They are included as hashtags in your social media shares, which help your content be found. We also use them to sort your stories on your website via the available filtering options. And perhaps the biggest benefit is that we use them to help improve your search engine optimization.
Reach shows how many unique people have seen the story on:
- Your website
- Your company landing page with NiceJob
- Other websites that are displaying the story
It currently doesn’t include people who saw the story on:
- A specific review site (ie. Yelp)
Reach is important as customer Stories are one of the powerful marketing tools you have. They motivate potential customers to become new customers and current customers to become loyal repeat customers.
How can I improve my Story Reach?
- You can Boost your story. Learn how here.
- Encourage your contacts to follow your Facebook page.
- Use great photos in your stories.
- Make sure your using the MNGR.Pro widget to display stories on your website.
- Link to your stories on forums or other sites.
- Include the MNGR.Pro stories widget on other partner sites.
Reach is a great way to measure how far your great reputation is spreading online.
Ever notice that your company logo appears cut off when you post them to your social media accounts? This is because the image isn’t sized to most social media’s optimal ratio standards.
We have a couple of solutions to get your company logos fitting perfectly on shared posts!
Resize Your Image
ResizeImage.net is a great website to resize your company logo to conform to social media’s optimal photo ratio of 1.91(wide)x1(high)
- First thing’s first, upload your company logo to the website
- From there, scroll down to #4 ‘Resize Your Image’
- Deselect ‘Keep Aspect Ratio’ The formatting will look as such: 100% x Horizontal Pixels x Vertical Pixels. Take the vertical pixels x 1.91 = your new horizontal pixels
- Update your horizontal pixel field
- Select the output image format and click ‘Resize Image’.
- Click the ‘download image’ link once your image has successfully been resized
Add Negative Space Around Logo
Let’s say you don’t want to manipulate the company logo you already have, we have a fix for that as well! First, open up the image details of your company logo.
- Just as before, take the Vertical Pixels x 1.91 = Your updated Horizontal Pixels
- Open up a browser go to Pixlr.com/e
- Click on ‘Create New’ & add in your updated desires pixels on the right-hand side.
- Add your company logo to the canvas through Layer > Add image as layer > Select your desired company logo image > Open. This will position the company logo to display in the perfect spot. You can leave it the way it is currently for the negative space to blend in with any background.
- Click File > Save, Title and choose the file type you’d like to save the image under, then click ‘download’ and you’ll have a perfectly positioned company logo!
*If your logo is already more than 1.91x as wide as it is tall, instead, divide the width by 1.91 to get your horizontal pixels. and proceed as before*
Upload your updated Company Logo to MNGR.Pro
Finally, it’s time for you to upload your new optimized company logo to MNGR.Pro!
Simply head into your Settings > Company & Plans > Company Profile and upload your optimized image file! Click ‘save’ and you’ll be ready to go!
If you’d like a helping hand along the way, send a message in to our Success Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
“Why are my photos being uploaded rotated to my Stories tab?” You may ask..
This rotation is a very common issue among many platforms which is due to the orientation of your phone at the time of photo capture. This means that your photo hasn’t been tagged with orientation data.
For instance, if you’re holding your phone sideways while capturing the photo, it could be positioned sideways upon upload.
To prevent this from happening, we suggest you edit the photo in the photo album, rotating it 90 degrees then back to how you’d prefer it be oriented. This will add the appropriate orientation data back into the photo.
Alternatively, you can download a photo editing app such as VSCO or PS Express from the Google Play or App Store on your mobile device.
If you’re uploading photos to your Stories dashboard from your laptop/desktop computer, we recommend using this website to rotate your images in batches.
Bonus suggestion! 🌟
Download and use the ‘Layout‘ app to stitch together the before & after shots of your work!
Team members are limited to access of customer actions.
Managers have access to all MNGR.Pro account features except adjustment of Billing settings.
Owners have full access to all MNGR.Pro features.
The MNGR.Pro account owner has the ability to invite team members to adjust the billing details and access all companies in account through the Account Team tab (Settings > Account Settings > Account Team).
**Keep in mind is that once a team member has been added to the Account Team, they are no longer removable on the Company Team.**
Although we don’t have an Android app at the moment, here’s what you can do to still use MNGR.Pro.
We have a progressive web app that will allow android users to easily access and use MNGR.Pro on their phones.
To activate this feature, open up the MNGR.Pro app in your mobile browser and then open your browser settings. Click ‘add to home’ which will essentially add MNGR.Pro as an app on your phone!
Some Android users describe issues uploading photos to review requests.
Some Android users occasionally experience trouble accessing photos or the camera when sending review requests from the browser of the Android device.
Often, this is due to the browser being denied access to the Camera and Photos/Media/Files.
To change the settings for apps you’ve already downloaded use the Settings app on your device:
1. On your device, open your main Settings app.
2. Tap Apps or Application Manager (depending on your device, this may be different).
3. Select an app.
4. Scroll down to “Permissions.”
For more information, visit Google Play Help here.
What to do if it seems like your reviews are being deleted from Google.
It can be extremely frustrating to see hard earned reviews disappear off Google. If this happens, the first thing to check is if your Google my Business profile is still verified.
How to check if you’re still verified:
- Log into Google My Business
- Select your company location
- Look for the green verified checkmark
If you are not verified, request verification. This usually takes 2-3 weeks.
Other causes of reviews being removed:
It may be very difficult to find out why they have been removed then. Google regularly filters reviews (like all other review channels). A few of the more common reasons are:
- Reviewer seems to be to closely connected in some way to the company.
- The identical review is left on various review sites
- The review content is deemed by Googles Algorithms to sound artificial
- The review was left from an IP address associated in some way to the company.
- The review content was inappropriate or included links
- The review was written from a physical location out of your service area
- Too many reviews came in at the same time
- For some reason, Google chose not to trust the reviewer, possibly a newer Gmail account
This is by no means a definitive list though. You can definitely reach out to Google on your Google My Business page and see if they will provide any insight into why these were removed. If you see more reviews being removed, try to look for any pattern that may help you pinpoint why it’s happening.
We know how frustrating having hard earned reviews removed is, and sadly it will likely become exponentially harder to get reviews to stick in the future as Google and other companies fight fake reviews and devaluate aged reviews.
If you experience reviews being removed and think you know why, please reach out to email@example.com and let us know!